Clinics & Services
Dr Wong and her team at Blessing Medical Centre are keen to provide you with high quality medical care. The following services are available by appointment or by referral:
- Antenatal Care: Shared with local hospital
- Family Planning: Contraceptive services including coils and implants
- Well Person Clinic: General annual check-ups including cervical smears, blood pressure monitoring, routine blood tests.
- Minor Surgery: Removal of problematic moles, warts, verrucae, skin tags and moles.
- Travel Clinic: Full immunisation and advice service provided. Please request at least six weeks before travelling.
- Mother & Baby Clinic: Postnatal checks, 8 wk baby checks, child development assessment and immunisations.
- Chronic Disease Management: These include Diabetes, Asthma, Cancer, COPD, Mental Health, Heart disease, Epilepsy, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Stroke, Learning disabilities, depression, atrial fibrillation, chronic kidney disease, dementia, obesity and palliative care. Please see the GP or practice nurse.
- Insurance/ Medical Medicals: for work, insurance, legal etc. By arrangement
- IAPT Psychologist/ Counselling: Patients can access support by self referral or asking the GP
- Specialist Diabetic Clinics Since February 2015 Dr Wong and our nurse Cristina, have been running a specialist diabetic clinic with local consultant diabetes doctors and nurses. This clinics are held once a month.
Annual Health Checks and Monitoring
Patients’ who may have long term medical conditions will be invited to attend the practice throughout the year for monitoring and review. It is essential that you take responsibility for your health and keep appointments so that our clinical team can support you as well as we can.