Infection control is an important focus of our work at the practice. From treating infections to prevention and education we understand that infection control and minimising spread of infection is a responsibility shared by all members of our practice team. We want to look after our patients and treat them in clean environments and thus regularly monitor our infection control processes.
Infection Control Lead
The infection control lead for the practice is Dr Lily Wong. If you have any comments or suggestions please discuss this with Dr Wong in person or in writing either using the 'Comments & Suggestions' box located in reception, by writing to us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The practice follows recommendations made by the specialist Infection Control team at Brent CCG as well as guidance from the Department of Health Code of practice.
How you can help
Maintaining a clean environment not only in the surgery but also for the well being of the wider community is a joint responsibility.
As a service user you can help by following some simple steps;
- If you or your child is unwell with a temperature and rash and you suspect that they have an infectious disease e.g. chickenpox or measles then advise our receptionists, as soon as you arrive, so that we can isolate you or arrange to see you at the end of the clinic to prevent spread of a potential infection within the waiting room.
- Use the alcohol hand gel to clean your hands when entering and leaving clinical areas.
- Ensure your child is up to date with all their immunisations as per the national schedule.
- Take up the opportunity to up date your immunisations as and when needed or in response to national campaigns e.g. Flu, MMR and Whooping cough (for pregnant women) vaccinations.
- Inform us if you have any comments or suggestions with regards to our infection control practices (see above)
We will publish our Annual Statement which tells you what we have done within the practice for Infection Control during the year.
Infection Control Annual Statement 14-15.docx